It’s difficult to believe that we have only two months of school left. As we move through the fourth quarter of the school year, I’d like to take this opportunity to highlight some important points.
1. Every spring students are required to take state mandated standardized testing. Junior students will be administered TAKS tests again on April 23-25. Ninth and 10th grade students will take their end of course content specific tests beginning the week of May 6.
2. Brookhaven final exams will be from April 13-16, and ECHS final exams will be administered May 29-30. It is critical that families avoid making plans that conflict with the final exam schedules.
3. As seniors approach the finish line of their ECHS career, please be sure that any school fees and/or fines are paid in advance of graduation.
4. Dates for district summer school as well as the Brookhaven summer session dates have been posted on our website for your convenience.
ECHS has terrific students with unlimited potential to make a positive impact on our community. Leading students to success is a team effort between families and schools; thank you for your continued support.
Rosie Oliveira, principal
4/19 Art Appreciation Field Trip
4/23 TAKS math test (11th grade)
4/24 TAKS science test (11th grade)
4/25 TAKS social studies test (11th grade)
4/26 Bad weather day
4/27 Take 10 Fun Run/Walk Family Event, Brookhaven College
5/6 EOC world history test (10th grade)
5/7 EOC chemistry test (10th grade)
5/8 EOC biology test (9th grade)
5/9 EOC world geography test (9th grade)
5/10 EOC Algebra I and geometry tests (9th & 10th grades)
5/12 EOC Algebra II (10th & 11th grades)
5/12-16 Brookhaven finals
5/16 Brookhaven graduation
5/17 Field Day and Awards Assembly 9-11
5/22 Senior Honors/Awards Breakfast
5/24 Senior Day
5/29-30 ECHS Finals
High School Summer School– Grades 9-12
Dates: Session 1: June 11 – June 28
Session 2: July 1 – July 19 (Note: No school July 4th or 5th)
Course Recovery/EOC Preparation
Dates: June 11 – July 3 (one session only)
Times: Period 1: 7:45-10:20
Period 2: 10:40-1:15
Period 3: 1:45-4:20 (Note: No transportation provided)
EOC/TAKS Summer School Dates
Dates: July 8 – July 12
Times: Session 1: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Session 2: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
* Reminder: ECHS does NOT follow the same calendar as the rest of the school district. If you no longer have the calendar passed at the beginning of the year, you can find the ECHS calendar on our website.